* A company that lays off 500 domestic employees while lobbying the federal government for visas to bring in 1000 foreign workers.
* A prosecutor that withholds evidence in a case, knowing that the evidence would compromise their sure-fire conviction, and then washing their hands clean of any accountability, even though someone was wrongly convicted and loses years behind bars.
* A company that gets federal bailout money, lays off hundreds of employees, reneges on their pension program, demands and gets furloughs and pay cuts, and then treats their executives to lavish retreats and huge bonuses.
* A government official that intentionally blocks an investigation into their department’s practices until the investigation is forced to end without conclusions.
* A bank that encourages customers to put everything on their credit cards, transfer balances, write checks off that card, sign up for expensive protection and monitoring services, and then change the terms of their agreement so that the interest rates go up, the credit limits are cut below the amount owed so they would automatically incur penalties, their personal information is sold to telemarketers, and any disputes are done through an arbitration board of their own creation.
Sound like something you know about, or that you’re going through?
I am a freelance writer, online commentator (both written and audio), techno-geek, Libertarian, Trekker (have the uniform, just don't wear it), amateur disc jockey, and (unfortunately) an all-around nice guy. I'm also the author of various fan-based comics at Battlerock Comics.